Support everyone in developing their competence and skill, so that their contribution remains valuable and the organization can evolve.
Essential patterns to help you achieve this:
- Navigate via Tension – Everyone in the organization paying attention for situations where growing competence and skills may be valuable, focuses the learning effort and facilitates continuous improvement.
- Evaluate Meetings – A brief evaluation at the end of each meeting or workshop helps people identify their strengths, growing edges and ways to improve their contribution in the future.
- Peer Review – A team or person in a role regularly inviting relevant stakeholders for a review of their effectiveness, supports identifying their strengths, growing edges and ways they can improve their contribution in future.
- Development Plan – Collaborating with relevant stakeholders on a plan for how to develop necessary skills and competence, is an effective way of focusing the learning efforts of a person in a role, or for a team.
- Peer Feedback – Inviting feedback from peers, supports people in understanding their strengths and growing edges, so that they can invest in learning where helpful.