Intentionally evolve the culture in your organization.
Values are valued principles that guide behavior. Values define scope for action and ethical constraints.
- each member brings their own values to an organization based on personal experiences and beliefs
- a team or organization may choose to collectively adopt values to guide their collaboration
Values offer guidance to determine appropriate action, even in the absence of explicit agreements.
Collectively adopting a set of values supports the effectiveness of an organization:
- reduces potential for misunderstanding
- helps to align decision making and action
- attracts new members, partners and customers who are aligned with the organization
Chosen values are an agreement that benefits from regular review.