Set a time constraint to stay focused, bring consciousness to the time you have and how you use it.
A timebox is a fixed period of time spent focused on a specific activity (which is not necessarily finished by the end of the timebox).
- to get value out of the timebox, be clear what you want to achieve
- agree on the duration of the timebox and visualize time
- negotiate and agree to extend a timebox before the time is up
- break down longer activities into manageable timeboxes
- consider frequent review of progress
- consider choosing someone (the “time keeper”) to help others stay conscious of time
You could timebox:
- meetings, calls, dialogue
- an attempt to solve a problem
- checking emails
- a longer stretch of work (a sprint)