An agreement is an agreed upon guideline, process, protocol or policy designed to guide the flow of value.
Note: In S3, guidelines, processes or protocols created by individuals in roles are also treated as agreements.
Keep records of agreements up to date, e.g. in a logbook.
What to record?
Record agreements with adequate detail so that important information can be recalled later.
At the very least include a summary of the driver, a description of what’s been agreed, who is responsible for what, evaluation criteria and a review date.
Depending on the scope and significance of the agreement, consider including all of the following:
- A title for the agreement
- Description of the driver
- Date of creation (and/or version)
- Date of expiry or due date (if relevant)
- Review date (or frequency)
- Who is responsible for what?
- A description of the agreement, including:
- Evaluation criteria (and potentially concerns)
- Appendix (if helpful)
- Background information
- Previous versions of the agreements