Select someone to take responsibility for the preparation and follow-up of meetings, workshops or other events.
A person may take on the role of Meeting Host for a specific event or for several events over a period of time.
Responsibilities Of A Meeting Host
- identify goals and deliverables
- prepare and distribute agenda
- identify and invite the participants
- estimate the time required and schedule the meeting/workshop
- book the location (and transportation if required)
- set up the space and provide required materials and information
- ensure selection of a facilitator and a notetaker to record minutes, if appropriate
After the meeting: clean up location, return keys, tie up all the loose ends, and ensure minutes are distributed.