A circle is a self-governing and semi-autonomous team of equivalent people who collaborate to account for a domain.
- may be permanent or temporary
- may be self-organizing
is responsible for its own development and its body of agreements
- A circle’s members act within the constraints of their domain.
- Each circle can create value autonomously.
- A circle’s members continuously decide together what to do to account for their domain, and set constraints on how and when things will be done.
- equivalence of circle members:
- All members of a circle are equally accountable for governance of the circle’s domain.